- restiffic is one of the only drug-free leading products that assist in treating RLS symptoms. Patients are relieved of the sensations in their legs when they apply the restiffic wrap on their feet. The targeted pressure on the abductor hallucis and flexor hallucis brevis muscles relaxes the legs and helps patients fight the urge to move.
- restiffic was developed by a clinician who had suffered from RLS for decades. Please watch Mary’s story to learn how this treatment was conceived.
- The product was further developed when the inventor partnered with medi USA® to navigate through the FDA clearance process and create a manufacturing program. The medi® company is a worldwide leader in medical compression therapy, orthopedic bracing, and foot orthotic markets. medi has been manufacturing quality products and delivering patient solutions for over 60 years.
What is the success rate of restiffic treatment for RLS?
- In the clinical trial, 69% of the patients had significant symptom reductions in the 8-week period. It is still not understood why some patients’ see results and others do not. Therefore, restiffic comes with a 30-day guarantee. Most patients will experience relief of symptoms within 48-72 hours. If results are not seen in the first 30 days of purchase, they can return for a full refund.
Why do patients need a prescription?
- Because RLS is a syndrome, restiffic was required to have been cleared by the FDA to be an available device for patients. This means that restiffic is a trustworthy drug-free device for helping RLS patients.
Is it covered by insurance?
- There is no direct Medicare or Medicaid program approved code for restiffic at this time, but patients can self-submit for reimbursement to their private insurance companies after purchasing.
What if my patients cannot afford restiffic?
- Although restiffic is likely not covered by a patient’s insurance plan, most patients can use their FSA or HSA accounts to help pay for this product since it is a prescription-based product. Most patients find that the overall cost of restiffic is less than their medication copays on an annual basis.
What are the contraindications you should be aware of?
- Patients with neuropathy, poor circulation, peripheral vascular disease, varicose veins, deep vein thrombosis, a history of blood clots, or foot and/or leg swelling.
- Patients with breaks, bruises, sprains, wounds, sores, fragile skin, cuts, rashes, or abrasions involving your feet and/or legs.
- Not to be used during activity that puts pressure on the feet (ex. walking, running operating a vehicle). Do not use in water.
How does a patient obtain restiffic RLS?
- Patients that have a physician-signed prescription can email it to email@example.com or fax to 800-660-2429. One of our product specialists will contact the patient to complete the order.
- Patients can place their order without a prescription, and one of our specialists will contact them to verify and collect the prescription before shipping the product.
- Or they can call 855-700-6875 and we can walk them through the entire process.
Are you interested in more detailed information on the product, a prescription form, or a trial sample?
Please complete the request form